Saturday, August 09, 2014

Moon, Nearly Super

I took Gus for a walk around the block just now, and it felt like a slightly twisted children's book about a neighborhood.

One neighbor was still smoking the sweet-smelling stuff, hours later.

Two neighbors pulled up in their driveway. The lady went stomping quickly into the house, while the man got slowly out of the car and really took his time walking into the house behind her.

One neighbor blew his nose behind a shade-drawn bathroom window. It was one of those fabulous, loud, horn-honking nose blows.

Inside another house, the two corgis barked their loud corgi barks, while the neighbor lady screamed at them to shut up.

The neighbor whose computer monitor light glows, blue, always, while the rest of his house is dark, sat behind his computer monitor in an upstairs window.

The moon gleamed and shone up above.


Additionally, when I came inside I became convinced that there was a biting bug on my neck and I tore off my shirt in the kitchen and made Mark inspect the top half of me for insects. There may have been a biting bug that made a subtle escape at some point, or it may have been my hair...

1 comment:

Joanna said...

This is great. Well, except for the possible biting bug.